Get a Free Skin Cancer Test at Spectrum Health Today
May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month and with people spending more time outdoors, it's imperative they're aware of how to protect themselves.
One of those ways to protect yourself is by regularly checking your skin and a visit to your dermatologist to get a skin cancer screening. But today (5/8), Spectrum Health will be offering FREE screenings between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. at some of their locations around West Michigan.
According to Spectrum, no blood work is required. The screening is described as
...a visual inspection of your uncovered skin and will be completed by a medical professional.
It's also not a full-body screening so if there is an area on your body that you are concerned about, make sure to share that with the doctor so they can check it out.
Appointments will not be taken, you can just walk into one of the following clinics:
- Spectrum Health Medical Group (Michigan St. - Grand Rapids)
- Spectrum Health Medical Group (Sparta)
- Spectrum Health Medical Group (Holland)
- Spectrum Health South Pavilion (Cutlerville)
- Spectrum Health United Hospital (Greenville)