Grand Rapids City Pools and Water Playgrounds Open June 10 for 2016 Season
This summer is supposed to be a scorcher. When you're looking for a place to cool down, you can head to GR's city pools and splash pads.
This year, Grand Rapids city pools and water playgrounds open today - Friday, June 10.
Grand Rapids' 3 city pools open June 10 at the following locations:
- Briggs Park (Lafayette and Knapp NE)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park (Fuller and Franklin SE)
- Richmond Park (Richmond and Tamarack NW)
Pools are open Tuesday through Saturday 12:30- 4p.m. and 5p.m. - 7:30p.m. Sunday and Monday hours are 12:30p.m.- 5p.m..
Admission is free for all children under 1. Grand Rapids residents ages 1-17 are $1, residents 18 and over are $2. Non residents over the age of 1 pay $4.
Grand Rapids residents can also purchase open swim punch cards and family pool passes here.
Water playgrounds are open at the following locations 10a.m. to 9p.m. daily:
- Alger Park - 921 Alger Street SE
- Cherry Park - 725 Cherry Street SE
- Fuller Park - 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- Gerald R Ford Middle School - 851 Madison Avenue SE
- Heartside Park - 301 Ionia Street SW
- Highland Park - 523 Grand Avenue NE
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis Street SE
- Lincoln Park - 231 Marion Avenue NW
- Mulick Park - 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- Roosevelt Park - 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- Wilcox Park - 100 Youell Avenue SE