Over 30 Venues Participating as ArtPrize Preview Week Begins
The first annual ArtPrize Preview Week begins Wednesday, Sept. 14 and runs through Tuesday, Sept. 20. Over 30 venues are participating and giving fans an early look at this year's ArtPrize entries.
The week before ArtPrize has always been filled with receptions, exhibition openings and other events. Preview Week brings a bit more structure to those events and aims to bring bigger crowds downtown early to explore this year's entries.
With 1,453 entries, there is never enough time to see all of ArtPrize. The extra week will help fans see more and have more chances to engage with artists. Many artists are only in town at the beginning of ArtPrize to install work, then at the end to take down their entry. Preview Week brings more chances to meet the artists, ask questions and give feedback.
Venues are not required to offer free admission during Preview Week. Venues may charge regular admission. They may also offer perks to artists, sponsors, members, and volunteers.
Venues participating in ArtPrize Preview Week include:
- 50 Monroe
- Adventure Credit Union
- Arnies Restaurant
- Biggby Coffee -- Wealthy Street
- Brothers Leather Supply Company
- Brush Studio
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Calvin College - (106) Gallery
- Central Reformed Church
- Coit Creative Arts Academy
- Courtyard Marriott Downtown
- Department of Corrections
- Dime & Regal
- Divani and Gallery Divani
- Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Grand Rapids Downtown Market
- Grand Rapids Police Department
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
- Horseshoe Smokehouse
- J.Gardella’s Tavern
- The Fed Galleries @ KCAD, Kendall College of Art and Design
- Kilwins Chocolates & Ice-Cream @ McKay Tower-Rosa Parks
- Lantern Coffee Bar and Lounge
- Panera Bread
- Smokin Js
- Sweet Yo’s Premium Frozen Yogurt
- The B.O.B.
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts (UICA)
- UICA Exit Space at Grand Rapids Ballet Co.
- West Grand Neighborhood Organization
- Woosah Printshop x Outfitters
- Z’s Bar & Restaurant