Alexa Has Hundreds of Hilarious ‘Hidden Commands’, Here Are A Few
If you have an Amazon Alexa, it's no doubt she is a handy little side-kick to daily life, but apparently the creators had a sense of humor when programming her voice commands.
Alexa has TONS of practical voice commands from setting alarms, making shopping lists, listening to your favorite radio station (*hint, hint* ;) ) -- but there are also some "Easter eggs" hidden in the little robots programming.
From movie and music quotes to memes, Alexa's list of dad jokes might be better than yours. We won't ruin the surprise of her responses, but next time you are bored or just in need of a good laugh, here are a few of our favorite commands. Try them out and check out this list of over 200 commands and let us know your favorites.
- "Alexa, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"
- "Alexa, what is your quest?"
- "Alexa, what happens if you cross the streams?"
- "Alexa, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"
- "Alexa, I want to play global thermonuclear war."
- "Alexa, execute order 66."
- "Alexa, I am your father."
- "Alexa, warp 10."
- "Alexa, beam me up."
- "Alexa, do a barrel roll!"
- "Alexa, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start."
- "Alexa, what does the fox say?" (she has a few for this one)
- "Alexa, I shot a man in Reno."
- "Alexa, how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- "Alexa, what is the meaning of life the universe and everything?"
- "Alexa, what is the sound of one hand clapping?"
- "Alexa, make me a sandwich."
- "Alexa, more cowbell."
- "Alexa, how do I get rid of a dead body?" (probably a bad idea if you have warrants)
- "Alexa, I've fallen, and I can't get up."