Check Out More than Just Books at the Kent District Library
From GoPro cameras, to Internet Hot Spots, to even a Ukulele -- you can check out these items at the Kent District Library.
The Kent District Library continues to expand their Beyond Books Collection. Items that they have ready for you to check out include:
- Birdwatching backpacks -- This includes binoculars, a guidebook, and bird observation field notebook
- GoPro cameras
- Graphing calculators
- Inflatable kayaks and accessory bag -- Life jacket and paddle included.
- iPad Air 2 (16 GB)
- KDL Cruisers -- Some branches offer Breezer Uptown EX 8-speed bicycles for overnight checkout. Each KDL Cruiser is a step-through style that comes with a basket, a bike lock and key.
- MiFi Verizon hotspots
- Nintendo Switch game consoles
- Portable turntables -- Now you can listen to those vinyl records you have again.
- Spot thermal camera
- Ukuleles -- Yes, you ready that correctly! KDL has five ukuleles available for check out at various branches.
These items are checked out just like you would borrow a book from the library. You do have to check these items out from their home locations, they can't be transferred to another branch. You can even put these items on hold if you are interested. You can do that by calling them at (616) 784-2007 or you can make the request in person when you visit one of their branches.
To check out an item, you will need:
- A KDL library card (except for KDL Cruisers, which do not require a KDL library card)
- To be 18 years or older
- To have a library card in good standing (under $20 in fines)
- To sign a Borrower’s Agreement to acknowledge your responsibility for the item (including higher overdue fines than other KDL materials)
Most of these items check out for three weeks. (Except kayaks and life jackets, which check out for one week, and KDL Cruisers which only check out overnight). You can renew your check out if there are no holds.