It’s Gonna Feel Stuffed This Thanksgiving Flying Out Of Grand Rapids
If you're planning on flying out of Grand Rapids for Thanksgiving travel, you might want to plan ahead.
The airport is expecting around 75,000 travelers to use the Gerald R. Ford International Airport between Tuesday, November 22nd, and the following Monday, November 28th.
Gerald R. Ford Airport’s COO Alex Peric told Wood TV those were numbers last seen in 2019, which was a record-breaking year for the airport.
Travel Tips For Flying Out Of Gerald R. Ford Airport
The airport offers up some great advice to make your traveling experience as smooth as possible.
- Wear sensible, comfortable clothing.
- Call your airline's toll-free number or visit www.grr.org before leaving to find out if your flight is scheduled to depart on time.
- Plan to arrive at the ticket counter no less than two hours prior to your scheduled departure. Airlines recommend being at the gate at least 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Factor in the time it will take for you to park and get through TSA
You can check out more Travel Tips by clicking here
Parking At Gerald R. Ford Airport
There are several parking options you can choose from.
- Short-Term Parking Garage $2/Hr $24/Day
- Long-Term Parking Garage $2/Hr $18/Day
- Long-Term East Lot $2/Hr $15/Day
- Long-Term North Lot $2/Hr $13/Day
- Economy-Lot $2/HR $10/Day
Gerald R. Ford Airport’s COO Alex Peric told Wood TV
The covered parking tends to fill up very quickly, which is why we do ask people to get here early if they want that spot close in, But we have plenty of parking in our economy lots, also our north lot and our east lot will have available parking.
Gerald R. Ford Airport App
If you have more space on your phone for another app, you might want to download the Gerald R. Ford Airport app. It features
- Real-time flight departure and arrival information
- Parking availability at the airport, and security wait times.
- Food and beverage locations, kids' play areas, and nursing rooms
Get more information about the app by clicking here
I always get stressed whenever I travel because that's just who I am. But by planning ahead and following some of the airport's travel tips, you're setting yourself up to be in the best possible position for a smooth journey to see friends and family this Holiday season.
Inspirational Quotes From Gerald R. Ford
40 Michigan Towns With Names Even Life-Long Michiganders Can't Pronounce