Coming Soon: Grandma’s Sampler With Drinks At MI Cracker Barrels?
My family enjoys a stop at Cracker Barrel in Flint or Bridgeport now and then. Rocking chairs, deep fried something along with breakfast and now ... adult beverages at Michigan locations? It's possible, soon.
Does Cracker Barrel serve drinks?
- In a majority of their restaurants around the United States, they do. And, they have been serving them since before the pandemic normalized it in many places. Indiana & Illinois are the closest states serving drinks near Michigan, until recently.
Do any Michigan Cracker Barrels restaurants serve alcohol?
- Many of the facilities have been requesting liquor licenses for the last year or more. Stevensville, Michigan (far southwest lower Michigan near the Indiana border) will soon be the first according to an update by Medium. As soon as servers complete a four-hour training class to keep it legal.
When will Flint and Bridgeport, MI Cracker Barrels start serving alcohol?
- I spoke with an employee at the Flint location -- they don't have any date or information at this time. A manager I spoke with at the Bridgeport restaurant said they're aware of the possibility, but no specifics at this time. She referred me to the corporate office in Tennessee... still waiting on a call back from the media relations folks.
Will Cracker Barrel have a bar?
- Soon, you could have a drink with Grandma's Sampler while you play the triangle peg game, but no bars will be built in restaurants -- it's not going to become a 'downhome nightclub.' It sounds like they'll offer plenty of bottled beer, some bottled wines and faux-mimosas -- the real stuff can be bought in 4-packs or 6-packs to go (depending on the item).
Get our free mobile app
When will Michigan Cracker Barrel's serve alcohol?
- There isn't an official timeline at this point. Each restaurant must apply for a liquor license and wait through that process for approval. As soon as I know more, I'll be sure to share. Perhaps we can sit in rocking chairs sipping a PBR while we wait to be seated for breakfast?
Best Liver and Onions Restaurants in Greater Flint, MI Area
Best Liver and Onions Restaurants Around Genesee, Shiawassee, Saginaw and Lapeer Counties, MI
20+ Good Eats: Genesee County, MI Restaurant Bucket List
Best Bars and Restaurants In Genesee County, MI
10+ Good Eats: Lapeer County, MI Dining Bucket List
Great restaurants and bars to try in Lapeer County with friends and family.
These Michigan Restaurants Have All Sadly Closed Since Appearing on National TV
You'd think an appearance on a national TV show like Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives or Restaurant: Impossible would guarantee success for a restaurant.
That hasn't been the case for these six restaurants, all of which have closed after being featured on national television.