The Big Ten Already Set A Record For The 2021 NCAA Tournament
The Big Ten Conference is sending 9 teams to the 2021 NCAA Tournament, more than any other conference this year.
The 2020-21 NCAA Basketball season was a unique one due to the coronavirus pandemic, but that didn't stop the Big Ten from showing up big time this season. The Big Ten set a record this season for having the most number 1 and number 2 seeds from a single conference.
The University of Michigan won the Big Ten regular season title and earned a number 1 seed and the University of Illinois won the Big Ten Tournament earning a number 1 seed as well. And then Ohio State University and the University of Iowa were able to grab number 2 seeds.
Big Ten Teams That Made The Tournament And Their Seed
- Michigan (1) -
- Illinois (1)
- Ohio State (2)
- Iowa (2)
- Purdue (4)
- Wisconsin (9)
- Maryland (10)
- Rutgers (10)
- Michigan State (11)
You can check out how to watch all of the Big Ten teams play in the first round of the NCAA Tournament below.
Thursday, March 18
- Michigan State (11) vs UCLA (11) - 9:57pm on TBS
Friday, March 19
- Illinois (1) vs Drexel (16) - 1:15pm on TBS
- Ohio State (2) vs Oral Roberts (15) - 3:00pm on CBS
- Wisconsin (9) vs UNC (8) - 7:10pm on CBS
- Purdue (4) vs North Texas (13) - 7:25pm on TNT
- Rutgers (10) vs Clemson (7) - 9:20pm on TBS
Saturday, March 20
- Michigan (1) vs Winner of Texas Southern (16) and Mt St Mary's (16) - 3:00pm on CBS
- Iowa (2) vs Grand Canyon (15) - 6:25pm on TBS
- Maryland (10) vs UCONN (7) - 7:10pm on CBS
The entire tournament kicks off on Thursday evening with the Texas Southern Tigers vs Mount St Mary's Mountaineers at 5:10pm on TRU TV.