Want a Job with the City of Grand Rapids?
Over 300 City of Grand Rapids workers are retiring in the next few years-- and that means job openings for you! With hiring events being held periodically, the city is looking to fill these positions.
So what kind of jobs are they? And what do they pay?
Many of the jobs do require certain skill sets. Mari Beth Jelks managing director of Administrative Services, told WOOD-TV 8,
Skilled trades is one of the areas we really are suffering in because there’s a scarcity in the state of Michigan... We’re talking about electricians, mechanics... When we bring in new people and hire new people, they have to be multifaceted in their talents and capabilities and skills.”
Some jobs are entry level, while others require advanced degrees.
So let's dig into it. What jobs are open right now? (Requirements listed are the basic ones-- find out all the information by clicking on the position)
Here are some of the gigs available, at all different salary levels:
- Income Tax Administrator $81K-$104K Requirements: Graduation from a four year college or university, eight years experience as an income tax administrator or supervisor.
- Administrative Analyst - Accounting $55k-$71K Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration, four years of responsible professional experience
- Journeyman Signal Technican $43K-$56K Requirements: Graduation from high school with courses in electricity and electronics, possession of State of Michigan Journeyman Electrician License.
- Police Recruit $43K-44K Requirements: Must be 18, high school diploma or GED, meet initial employment requirements as established by the Civil Service Board.
- Tree Trimmer $37K-$47K Requirements: Completion of high school, three years of experience in grounds keeping activities.
- Parking Violations Checker $29K-$39K Requirements: Completion of the tenth grade, valid Michigan driver's license.
- Public Works Maintenance, Grand Rapids Public Library $13.34- $14.43 hourly Requirements: Graduation from high school, five years of experience in building maintenance.