182 Toys R Us/Babies R Us Stores Closing, Including Grand Rapids
Toy R Us has announced that 182 sites, including Babies R Us locations, are set to close in the coming months.
Six stores in Michigan are among those closing.
The stores will begin closing in early February with the majority of closings coming in mid-April. The stores closing were detailed in a bankruptcy filing on Jan. 23.
Michigan stores set to close are:
- Ann Arbor - Babies R Us - 3725 Carpenter Road
- Ann Arbor - Toys R Us - 3725 Washtenaw
- Grand Rapids - Babies R Us - 4923 28th Street SE
- Lansing - Babies R Us - 5900 W. Saginaw Highway
- Muskegon - Toys R Us - 5363 Harvey Street
- Traverse City - Toy R Us - 2620 Crossing Circle
Toys R Us Chairman and CEO Dave Brandon (and former University of Michigan Athletic Director) announced that the company will continue to honor their customer programs including registry, credit, warranty, and loyalty program. They will also still sell and accept gift cards.
The company will also change some locations into co-branded Toys R Us/Babies R Us stores.