All National Parks are FREE This Saturday, Including Five in MI
If you're looking for a reason to get out of the house and do something how about checking out the beauty of Mother Nature. This Saturday all national parks around the U.S. are FREE to enter!
This includes some of the most famous national parks around the country such as Yellowstone but if Wyoming is just a bit too far you can always check out one of the five in Michigan. Yes, you'll have a bit of a drive regardless but you know it'll be worth it! These include:
- Isle Royale (remote island on Lake Superior near Canada)
- Keweenaw National Historical Park (Calumet)
- Pictured Rocks (Munising)
- River Raisin National Battlefield Park (Monroe)
- Sleeping Bear Dunes (Leelanau)
Saturday, April 20th kicks off National Park Week so all parks that normally charge an admission fee will be waived for everyone that day. Even though it's free to get in that doesn't cover "...activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours."
Mark your calendar for these other Free Entrance Days in 2019:
- Sunday, August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- Saturday, September 28: National Public Lands Day
- Monday, November 11: Veteran's Day