Grand Rapids 15th Splash Pad Will Open This Summer
The kiddos will have a new place to cool off this summer. Construction is nearly complete on Grand Rapids' 15th splash pad.
Currently, the City of Grand Rapids has fourteen splash pads (and another in the works) And they're free to use!
- Aberdeen Park -2230 Eastern Ave NE
- Alger Park - 921 Alger Street SE
- Campau Park - 50 Antoine Street SW
- Cherry Park - 725 Cherry Street SE
- Fuller Park - 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- Gerald R Ford Middle School - 851 Madison Avenue SE
- Heartside Park - 301 Ionia Street SW
- Highland Park - 523 Grand Avenue NE
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis Street SE
- Lincoln Park - 231 Marion Avenue NW
- Mary Water Park - 1042 Lafayette Ave NE
- Mulick Park - 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- Roosevelt Park - 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- Wilcox Park - 100 Youell Avenue SE
Splash pads are usually open early June through early September. An opening day for 2023 has yet to be announced.
So where is the City's newest splash pad? Garfield Park!
Garfield park is located at 250 Burton St SE in Grand Rapids.
Garfield Park also has a playground, picnic shelter, ping pong table, plenty of green space, and disc golf course.
According to the City of Grand Rapids, the new splash pad area includes multiple spray features, upgraded restroom facilities, shade and picnic areas, and a custom entryway/public art piece.
According to The City of Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation Department construction on the Garfield Park Splash Pad is almost finished and it will be open in summer 2023.
Funding for the Garfield Park Splash Pad comes from a $300,000 Michigan Department of Natural Resources Trust Fund grant, a $10,000 donation from the Meijer Foundation to Friends of Grand Rapids Parks, and a voter-approved parks millage.
You can find out more about Grand Rapids City Pools and Splash Pads here.