Last 3 Days of Laughfest Canceled Due to Coronavirus Concerns
Gilda's Laughfest has announced the remaining three days of the festival have been canceled due to concerns about the coronavirus. Select events will be rescheduled.
The organization released a statement saying:
Gilda’s LaughFest was designed to raise awareness of Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids and its free emotional health support of children, adults, families and friends on any kind of cancer journey or those grieving a death due to any cause. As an organization supporting those on a cancer journey, it is only appropriate that we cancel the remainder of the festival beginning with events scheduled for Friday, March 13 – Sunday, March 15. We recognize the need to protect our community from the potential spread of COVID -19, and will follow the recommendations set by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, which encourages the cancellation or postponement of large gatherings."
Gilda’s LaughFest is postponing the below events.
Details regarding the rescheduling of these shows will be released at a later date. Tickets will be honored for the rescheduled shows, or you can request a refund at the point of purchase.
• Maria Bamford at Wealthy Theatre March 13, 7p.m. and 9:30p.m.
• Rockin’ Home Grown at The Intersection March 13, 7p.m.
• River City Improv at Wealthy Theatre March 14, 7:30p.m.
• Fortune Feimster at Fountain Street Church March 14, 7p.m.
• Signature event featuring Jeff Foxworthy at DeVos Place March 14, 5:30p.m. and 8p.m.