New Mackinaw City Pirate Ship: Dates, Tickets, Photos
Trips up north in Michigan arrr going to be more fun this summer!
A family-friendly pirate ship is ready to set sail in the Straits of Mackinac starting Memorial Day weekend!
Yesterday, Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry announced several updates to their fleet. The news includes the addition of the "Good Fortune" a pirate ship which will run from Mackinaw City five times daily during peak season. The pirate ship will include water cannons for kids and it will also have a bar for nightly cruises.
The "Good Fortune" will offer tours and excursions in the Straits of Mackinac, but it will not ferry passengers to or from Mackinac Island.
Tickets will go on sale next week. Adults 12 and over are $30, children 2 to 11 are $25 and children under 2 are $10. The pirate ship will begin running over Memorial Day weekend.
Other changes to Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry:
- Star Line has acquired ferries, boats, docks, parking lots and more from the 138-year-old Arnold Line passenger service.
- Star Line has updated and renamed the old Arnold Line dock in Mackinaw City. They will use Dock 1 for both Hydro-Jet and Classic passenger ferries.
- Star Line has updated, renamed and added signage to the old Arnold Line docks in St. Ignace and is now using Docks 1 and 3 for passenger ferries.
- The Mackinac Island Main Dock has been painted blue.
- Classic boats will ferry out of both St. Ignace and Mackinaw City docks.
- A new mackPASS includes a discounted roundtrip ferry ticket, a 1.5 hour narrated carriage tour, and entrance to the historic Fort Mackinac.
The acquisition of Arnold Line assets and the addition of the new pirate ship will bring big changes to Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island this summer. It also offers another great reason to look forward to summer and head north if you haven't visited in a while.