GRPS Releases Updated COVID Protocols & Guidelines
Grand Rapids Public Schools has released its current COVID-19 protocols. These updates are based on Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Kent County Health Department‘s updated guidelines.
The protocols state that masks are required at all times regardless of vaccination status. The schools have signs placed on the doors that say "No Mask, No Entry". The district began its mask mandate on August 17, 2021.
What Are The Requirements To Be Considered "Fully-Vaccinated"?
For someone who is 18 and older, to be considered fully vaccinated, they must have two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine plus a booster shot.
If it is a child between 5 and 17, they must have two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated.
If A Student Or Staff Tests Positive For COVID:
Isolation is required. Onset of symptoms = Day 0
- K-12 staff required to isolate for 5 days. May return on day 6 if symptoms improving.
- PreK staff required to isolate for 10 days. May return on day 11 if symptoms improving.
- Students required to isolate for 10 days. May return on day 11 if symptoms improving
If A Staff Or Student Is Living With Someone Who Tests Positive:
Quarantine is required for unvaccinated staff/students, starting with onset of positive individual’s symptoms.
- Unvaccinated K-12 staff required to quarantine for 10 days.
- Unvaccinated PK staff required to quarantine for 15 days.
- Unvaccinated students required to quarantine for 15 days.
If A Staff Or Student Is A Close Contact At School:
- Quarantine is recommended for unvaccinated staff/students, but not required.
- Student close contacts will receive an email notification of close contact status.
Anyone with questions is asked to call the district at 616-819-2149.
Top 10 Highest-Paying Jobs In MI