Affordable Housing Project Coming to Section of GVSU
If you are looking for a more affordable place to live in Grand Rapids, a project that has been years in the making will soon begin in the Belknap Lookout neighborhood.
Anyone knows who is looking for a place to live in Grand Rapids, it ain't cheap that is for sure, so anytime there is an opportunity for affordable housing in this city it is a huge opportunity.
According to WOOD, this summer a new housing project will begin on some land that is located on Grand Valley State University owned land. A permit has been requested by the city to all the building of the LEED Silver certified complex last week.
There are several partners that have come together to make this new housing project become reality that include Grand Valley State University, Third Coast Development and PK Housing and Management. The location for the build is on the corner of Lafayette Avenue and Trowbridge Street NE.
The housing project will be three stories tall, have 35 one bedroom apartments, 13 two bedroom apartments and 2 three bedroom apartments. 80% of the apartments will be used for the affordable housing project while the other 20% will be used for the market rate of pricing.
Since GVSU donated the property for the project, Third Coast will be the ones paying for the construction while PK Housing and Management will be the ones who actually manage the property.
GVSU is committed to doing their part to better the area the university is located in.
If all the deadlines are met, tenants should be able to move into these new apartments sometime in the spring of 2022.