3 Of The Best Amusement Parks Are Not A Far Drive From West Michigan
Happy National Rollercoaster Day!
As a thrill seeker myself, this is truly the best national holiday to celebrate during my birthday month!
Plus, the best of the best amusement parks in the Midwest is not a far drive from where we are.
3 Amusement Parks Close To West Michigan
There are three amazing amusement parks that Family Vacation Guide dubbs as the best of the best in the Midwest.
Luckily, for us Michiganders, they are not a far drive away from West Michigan.
It is not surprising that Ohio's Cedar Point is in the top spot on the list.
I recently went to Cedar Point for my birthday and while I could not get on every ride because of the amount of people, it was still a great amusement park.
Cedar Point is roughly a 4-hour drive from downtown Grand Rapids.
We love to see that Michigan's only amusement is high up on this list.
Roughly less than an hour away, Michigan Adventure is the prime spot if you want to get in a quick rollercoaster day.
According to Theme Park Center, the best days to visit Michigan's Adventure are on weekdays, specifically Tuesday-Thursday.
Six Flags Great America
As a D.C. native, I grew up on Six Flags as my number one amusement park. So, I am extremely happy that there is a Six Flags close to West Michigan.
After a little more than a 3 hour drive, you can also celebrate National Rollercoaster Day at Six Flags Great America.
11 Of The Best Amusement Parks In The Midwest
Do you agree with the ranking of the best amusement park in the Midwest?
- Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio
- Arnold Park, Iowa
- Michigan Adventure in Muskegon, Michigan
- Valleyfair in Shakopee, Minnestoa
- Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois
- Nickelodeon Universe in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri
- Kings Island in Mason, Ohio
- Bay Beach in Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri
- Holliday World and Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana
Half of these amusement parks I have never even heard of!